Attach Emails and Attachments to Reported IssuesModern Web-based enterprise risk management software allows managers to have all documentation in a centralized location. When auditors come sniffing around your safety program, stress naturally builds when safety managers are unable to produce required documentation.
SMS Pro has flexible work flow processes to document auditable risk management processes. In most cases, all the documentation stays with reported issues from the time the airline/airport accident, incident or irregularity is reported, until the issue is reviewed years later.
New Email Attachments' FeaturesNew aviation safety management software features have been recently added to SMS Pro's airline/airport safety software. These features allow email attachments to be securely incorporated into the airline/airport safety management documentation during risk management processes. See http://www.asms-pro.com for more information on SMS Pro aviation safety management software.
When an aviation-related accident or incident is reported, safety managers often gather considerable documentation, such as
This documentation becomes "attached" to the issue either when the:
- Issue has been reported;
- Preliminary investigation is processed;
- Formal investigation occurs;
- Corrective actions are being managed; or
- Issue has been reviewed during the monitoring process.
Attach Emails and Attachments to Reported IssuesManagers can now easily attach any email and the accompanying attachments to issues they are working on. This feature has been provided to SMS Pro clients in order to save managers' time while managing documentation from third parties, which often is accompanied with attachments.
Feature Reserved for Managers Only
- To attach emails to reported issues, you must be a safety manager or a department head.
- You can only attach emails to issues belonging to your aviation safety portal.
- You must know the convenience number of the reported issue.
How to Attach Emails to Reported Issues
- Each company has a target-email to forward messages to be attached.
- You must know your target email. Contact email@example.com if you don't know your target email.
- You must know the issue number to which you wish to attach the email.
- In the subject line, at the very end of the subject, add #xxx (xxx) is the issue number.
- You must use the # tag
- You must not put a space between the # tag and the issue number
- "# xxx" is bad
- "#xxx" is good
- Forward the email and attachments to your target-email.
How Email Attachments Work
- Every 30 minutes, SMS Pro reads the target emails to find new messages;
- SMS Pro determines who sent the message (only valid users are permitted);
- SMS Pro searches for the reported issue;
- If reported issue exists, and the user is valid, then attachments are created.
- Email messages are put into an HTML file and attached to issue;
- All other email attachments act as normal issue attachments.
SMS Pro will import company logos that are included in signature lines. SMS Pro cannot discern between company logo attachments and other valid image attachments. When these company logos are imported, a manager will have to clean up these "unintended" attachments in the Issue Manager on the "Attachments" tab.
Become an SMS PRO
About NWDS - founded in 2003 by six software engineers, NorthWest Data Solutions (NWDS) provides custom computer programming and systems design services. NWDS creates many types of software, including e-commerce, financial, defense, engineering, logistics, aviation and more. In 2007, NWDS developed SMS Pro™ a web based SMS application that supports an organization's overall SMS through safety reporting, safety documentation, safety risk management and safety assurance. SMS Pro™ is currently used by aviation organizations in the U.S., Canada, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East to help manage their SMS programs. NWDS continues to support SMS Pro™ and add new functionality. NWDS offers custom contract programming services in the U.S. and Canada and is managed by Chris Howell, one of the founders. Their headquarters is in Anchorage, Alaska. For information on NWDS visit their website at and www.asms-pro.com to learn more about SMS Pro™.