Public Hazard Reporting for Airlines/Airports SMSPublic users can now submit aviation Safety, Quality, Security & Compliance issues in SMS Pro, the most complete and affordable aviation safety management system. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to report issues that may help aviation service providers provide safer services and enhance quality.
In the past, only direct employees and authorized contractors were able to report issues to the Web-based aviation safety management system. This rule was enforced in order to facilitate the feedback loop, i.e., users reporting issues would receive email confirmations and be able to see the status of their issue at any time.
The limitation of the public issue reporting module is that Safety Managers must communicate to issue reporters via contact information supplied by the user. Remaining functionality basically remains the same.
The business process for the public issue reporting is as follows:
- Public user submits issue;
- Safety manager receives email notification with link to reported issue;
- If reporter supplied an email, the reporter will also receive an email thanking him for the report;
- Safety manager manages the issue just as any other issue and may communicate manually to the reporter when the issue is resolved or more information is required;
- Safety manager may classify the issue differently, based on the source (SMS Pro allows complete customization of issue classification).
Not All Airlines/Airports Desire Public Hazard ReportingNot all aviation service providers will want to allow all Web users to report issues to their aviation SMS. If they feel that employees or others are abusing the system, alternatives can be arranged, such as changing the URL used to access the public issue reporting page.
Direct employees should not be encouraged to use the pubic SMS issue reporting module. Whenever possible, employees should be actively engaged in promoting aviation safety, quality, security and compliance.
SMS Pro Enterprise, Lite Plus and Free trial versions. The reason it does not come packaged with a version is that the module and URL remains unique to each organization based on their base URL and their customized menu structure.
To implement the public issue reporter, NWDS installs the module onto the client's SMS Pro application. Then NWDS will provide the URL for the operator to place on their public Web site. This link will take users to the SMS Pro application where they can report issues.
- How to Report Aviation Incidents & Accidents by Email
- Public Issue Reporting Aviation Safety Hazards
- 11 Ways to Submit Issues Using SMS Pro™ Hazard Reporting Software
- Safety Non-Punitive Reporting Policy Statement Sample
- How to Increase Airline/Airport Hazard Reporting
- Reporting Airline Airport Hazards Using IPad & IPhone
- How to Encourage Employees to Use SMS Hazard Reporting Tools
- Hazard Reporting for Airlines/Airports SMS for All Stakeholders
- Hazard Reporting for Effective Aviation SMS Management Systems
About NWDS - founded in 2003 by six software engineers, NorthWest Data Solutions (NWDS) provides custom computer programming and systems design services. NWDS creates many types of software, including e-commerce, financial, defense, engineering, logistics, aviation and more. In 2007, NWDS developed SMS Pro™ a web based SMS application that supports an organization's overall SMS through safety reporting, safety documentation, safety risk management and safety assurance. SMS Pro™ is currently used by aviation organizations in the U.S., Canada, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East to help manage their SMS programs. NWDS continues to support SMS Pro™ and add new functionality. NWDS offers custom contract programming services in the U.S. and Canada and is managed by Chris Howell, one of the founders. Their headquarters is in Anchorage, Alaska. For information on NWDS visit their website at and www.asms-pro.com to learn more about SMS Pro™.